Use of weapon Modifications change weapon look...

SpeedyCat

Donator
Aug 15, 2017
Is it a good idea to let the look of a moddable weapon be changed with the mods it actually has equipped? Longer Magazines, other sights, barrel modifications, etc.. as the standard with unewuipped mods.

Liorath

Donator
Aug 15, 2017
Huh somehow this didn't show up as I was scrolling through, so unknowingly :confused: I took it upon myself to elaborate on this one abit in a new thread.

SpeedyCat

Donator
Aug 15, 2017
Huh somehow this didn't show up as I was scrolling through, so unknowingly :confused: I took it upon myself to elaborate on this one abit in a new thread.
Hehe, have seen it.... its a nice thing if its implemented....

Variiuz

Developer
Programmer
Aug 21, 2017
You mean a Glock with a standard M16 carry handle and an underbarrelled grenade launcher. There is neither anything FAMAS or shotgun about it ;)
For me it looks like one. I'm a gamer not a Gun Pro.

Brendan

Staff member
Community Manager
Developer
Donator
Aug 18, 2017
(My personal thoughts on the idea) I think that having a visual difference by having certain accessories such as an optical sight or extended mag would be cool, as for a functional standpoint within the engine I'm sure it's possible but I'm still learning all of what the engine can do myself. Pinging @Luna for more thoughts on the idea :).

Blakeinstein

Killing Addict
Donator
Mar 24, 2018
You mean something like this? ;)
Technically yes but practically no, the mods op probably meant were like only thay extended mag and reflex sight. Plus a silencer visible in the gun. Unlike apb with fixed gun models. You lot should approach with a modular gun model. You could recycle gun sections on other guns by simply linking to that part . This could reduce ram usage a bit (i think).

Acorn

Field Runner
Donator
Feb 23, 2018
You know what I hated about Apb? they seemed to know nothing about guns; the ntec had a 30 round banana mag, but the Cr5 had a way smaller mag but still held 32, also when you swapped hands the gun simply mirrored, oh man the ways the gun inaccuracies irk me

Seems like something that'd be feasible; scopes actually changing on in-game model, mag size changing etc, I just want more attention to guns in general ;P (Edited to actually add to the conversation: )

Last edited: