TCP/IP Lan support...

Do you want to play/host games on your own custom servers?

• Tcp/ip support would be great.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We need Deathmatch, Capture the Flag/Item/Base modes and others...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SpeedyCat

Donator
Aug 15, 2017
Would be nice if there will be a option to make offline lan partys like in the old good times with the whole clan and friends at a specific location where the party goes on....

Would be verry cool if it is possible to implement the option to host offline tcp/ip server for creating custom clan matches.

And/or

Would also be cool if the game supports the online hosting for own created servers.

Where all can be edited by the own server admins with mods from the Community or self created contend.

What is with the option to create own maps/battlegrounds?

Have you in mind to create offline playung content like deathmatch, capture, etc? Would be great if so......

Keep up the good work @staff

YOU WILL ROCK IT

-Ve-

Field Runner
Donator
Aug 15, 2017
Well considering that the Homepage states that Modding will be available on Private Servers only, i dont see why you couldnt have a dedicated pc on a lan party where the server runs on.

Variiuz

Developer
Programmer
Aug 21, 2017
If you can host modded Servers on your own is not a good idea. IF these private Server get updates from the Live version... It would be easy to find Bugs for Cheaters and with these Bugs they could create better Cheats, or am i wrong?

Liorath

Donator
Aug 15, 2017
If you can host modded Servers on your own is not a good idea. IF these private Server get updates from the Live version... It would be easy to find Bugs for Cheaters and with these Bugs they could create better Cheats, or am i wrong?
You dont make injectable cheats from finding bugs, it wont aid them in anyway, the only thing that stops cheats is client-side anticheat OR vigorious online staff presence which we will hopefully be seeing.

Variiuz

Developer
Programmer
Aug 21, 2017
You dont make injectable cheats from finding bugs, it wont aid them in anyway, the only thing that stops cheats is client-side anticheat OR vigorious online staff presence which we will hopefully be seeing.
Yeah because i saw how some ppl posted the OTW version client from APB:R on some cheat forums and say that they can use it for their cheats.. im not into the cheat programming ^^

Liorath

Donator
Aug 15, 2017
Yeah because i saw how some ppl posted the OTW version client from APB:R on some cheat forums and say that they can use it for their cheats.. im not into the cheat programming ^^
Problem being that APB doesn't have client-side anticheat, only FairFight, which is a statistical anticheat based on player performance. If APB had client-side anticheat the hacks would last anywhere from a few hours to at most a couple of days before becoming detected but with FairFight its individual based per player using the cheat rather than detecting the program itself.

Variiuz

Developer
Programmer
Aug 21, 2017
Problem being that APB doesn't have client-side anticheat, only FairFight, which is a statistical anticheat based on player performance. If APB had client-side anticheat the hacks would last anywhere from a few hours to at most a couple of days before becoming detected but with FairFight its individual based per player using the cheat rather than detecting the program itself.
So we need here a better Client-side ac..

Liorath

Donator
Aug 15, 2017
So we need here a better Client-side ac..
I'm sure @Luna already has some idea what anticheat will be used, but again it depends on how far you're willing to go since the best anticheats is usually quite expensive to get licensing for(for good reason).

Variiuz

Developer
Programmer
Aug 21, 2017
I'm sure @Luna already has some idea what anticheat will be used, but again it depends on how far you're willing to go since the best anticheats is usually quite expensive to get licensing for(for good reason).
I'm sure that this Game gets a better ac than APB:R (^:

Brendan

Staff member
Community Manager
Developer
Donator
Aug 18, 2017
(The following is my own thoughts, not the official verdict or official team's thoughts on the matter) I think that the catch behind modded servers is that you just don't progress at all, if you have mods or even using your own servers, you won't be able to progress your character, as for an opportunity for cheating, I'm not quite fully informed on how extensive our Anti-Cheat would be but if I had to guess (don't take this seriously) would be that if you're using a modded client and you're on a modded server, then anti-cheat won't come into play, if you're on an official server then your mods will need to be disabled/removed and you can then connect to the official server where you can progress and have a fair cheat-free experience. I'll get the team's thoughts on this as soon as I can and update this thread. Thank you guys for your support and many ideas for the project!
-B