Where can I play this Game when it's out ?

Blakeinstein

Killing Addict
Donator
Mar 24, 2018
I'd appreciate early access availability on steam , steam also offers closed and open beta afaik. So one could easily provide cbt codes , and host a limited time obt .
However the platform has its charges, which if becomes the reason it wont be available on steam since the first day would make sense to me. I do want it to be steam exclusive for all the market and trading benefits , plus you could use the steam account to login....

B.Va

Donator
Apr 18, 2018
That'd be cool, when this game will be available on steam.

Blakeinstein

Killing Addict
Donator
Mar 24, 2018
Umm and you guys could also sell steam keys to the game instead of just selling it on steam to avoid the 30% steam cut. Not sure if it works but someone said it did.
Remember to enable regional pricing and region locking though!

Luna

Phoenix Lead Director
Staff member
Developer
Phoenix Lead Director
Programmer
Level Designer
Aug 14, 2017
Our plans:
1. launch things using our own launcher while still in development
2. Launch on steam once we're out of alpha but maintain our own launcher
3. Offer a "free trial/referral" option for people to bring their friends and try the game out without any micro transactions or limitations (apart from a level 14 hard cap, having trade disabled, and having the tier 3 contacts and above disabled)

Blakeinstein

Killing Addict
Donator
Mar 24, 2018
Our plans:
1. launch things using our own launcher while still in development
2. Launch on steam once we're out of alpha but maintain our own launcher
3. Offer a "free trial/referral" option for people to bring their friends and try the game out without any micro transactions or limitations (apart from a level 14 hard cap, having trade disabled, and having the tier 3 contacts and above disabled)
I say that is a bad idea, that would give way to alot of trolls of many kind.Though if you guys are still sticking with it... You could make the base game free on steam and use the dlc system to have people purchase the full game either on steam or directly from you as a steam key.
I do recommend against the current model but it is your game and its you guys that get to choose.

Is it really important to use a launcher just like how apb did? Wouldn't it be better to let steam handle the updates ? And if you want to market stuff like how apb launcher did , then about putting those in the login screen or the district select screen? (If you guys are using steam login)

Bicmeister

Fresh Blood
Apr 30, 2018
steam will not only give you MAYBE more people to play this game also it will help you with other things.

Blakeinstein

Killing Addict
Donator
Mar 24, 2018
steam will not only give you MAYBE more people to play this game also it will help you with other things.
My priority and urge for it to be on steam is because it'd be easy for many , atleast me , to purchase the game. Due to steam's payment methods..

Acorn

Field Runner
Donator
Feb 23, 2018
I like everything Luna said.

It being on steam is good for traction, exposure, so more people find out about it. About the worry of abuse for referrals, having it where you someone who owns it can refer another is better than just a free trial... I suppose it's just a weighing of what's worth the risk of abuse to get new players.

I want full steam integration; cards and everything ;D

Blakeinstein

Killing Addict
Donator
Mar 24, 2018
I like everything Luna said.

It being on steam is good for traction, exposure, so more people find out about it. About the worry of abuse for referrals, having it where you someone who owns it can refer another is better than just a free trial... I suppose it's just a weighing of what's worth the risk of abuse to get new players.

I want full steam integration; cards and everything ;D
Uh.... I can see the referral system working out... One could just gift a trial pass received from buying the game.... A limited day version /pass just like how cs source has. It added a gift trial pass to steam users that allowed a friend to play for a day.

Update:- I thought about it..... Cant you just buy from an account and give trials to other account and troll? Limit to three referalls only.

Last edited:

B.Va

Donator
Apr 18, 2018
It'd be very nice to have the steam community's support, if however they put it on steam right now, they could get alot more support i would assume...

Blakeinstein

Killing Addict
Donator
Mar 24, 2018
It'd be very nice to have the steam community's support, if however they put it on steam right now, they could get alot more support i would assume...
It would be a great platform to promote the game , easier recommendations via friends or just the store , besides steam really allows people to try a game seriously out with their refund policy. Not implying that luna will deny refunds but steam would remove luna having to manually look into a refund ticket.