Development Recap 2FA, Web API, and general progress report...

Brendan

Staff member
Community Manager
Developer
Donator
Aug 18, 2017
Howdy!

First off, I want to say thank you to all of you supporting and following the community closely! We want this game to shine as much as you do and as our team grows we progress even more to get a functional tdm (team deathmatch) demo out to balance guns, moveability and more.
I plan to do these updates every 2 weeks to a month to keep all of you posted on what we're working on!

Development Updates
We now have 2FA working for the forums and game login so that your account is secure from any rascals that may try to gain unauthorized access to your account. The 2FA will also notify you when someone tries to access your account from an unrecognized IP.

We have developed an early stage Web API for the game so that everyone can view player stats and see server status. The player stats are planned to include how many kills a player has in a week/month/year and who the top 100 players are, who has won the most matches and more to be planned (if you have any ideas be sure to let us know in the ideas/suggestions area of the forum).

Recently we've merged two development branches, one that took care of the MMO aspect of the game (Chat, inventory, login, etc.) With our FPS development branch that took care of things like hit registry, combat, etc. But due to the incompatibility of the two systems, we have decided to discontinue the MMO branch and re-do the elements on the FPS branch, which later on gotten Third Person support, allowing for fast swapping between first and third person. This means that the Login system and Chat system have run into a delay as we're reworking them on the new system, but once that's done we may run test Team Deathmatches to see how everything works and flows.
The chat system is also being reworked on to include user titles.

Other News
We have a new 3D Artist on the team @Idolomantis Diabolica, he is going to be helping with modeling vehicles, weapons and more.

We're over 200 members on discord but if we reach 100 members on the forums, the first 100 registered members on the forums will receive a special reward for being here with us from the beginning as mentioned in the last update.

That's what we've been working on for now and there is much more to come as we progress further.
Be sure to follow us to stay informed on what we're working on, and other news that may be posted here by following us on various social media outlets below.
Team Twitter
Team Twitch
Trello
Patreon
(If you don't like Patreon or only want to donate once, you can use PayPal to send it to [email protected] every tiny bit helps!)

I hope to put out more updates soon as we progress!
Best Regards,
Brendan

Bran Flakes

Field Runner
Staff member
Developer
Music/Sound Designer
Aug 19, 2017
Nice, really happy to see this is picking up speed :D

Variiuz

Developer
Programmer
Aug 21, 2017
The WebAPI was made with Bootstrap right? :D Looks good but does it work :?

Variiuz

Developer
Programmer
Aug 21, 2017
And for what do you need a Repo Server?

#spamingposts .-.

Luna

Phoenix Lead Director
Staff member
Developer
Phoenix Lead Director
Programmer
Level Designer
Aug 14, 2017
The WebAPI was made with Bootstrap right? :D Looks good but does it work :?
And for what do you need a Repo Server?

#spamingposts .-.
Bootstrap for management panel, which allows us to quickly check up on the server status whenever we can, as well as remotely shut down the servers, restart them, update them, roll them back etc.

That said, the management panel is for a huge part intertwined into the forum system, which means that banning you in-game, also bans people from the forums, and vice versa, saves a step.

To that extend, your forum username/login is also your in-game login/username and considering the layers of security we use, being perma banned, truly means permanent.

The API itself (documentation will be released later on) mostly consists of public JSON data that can be requested from the servers, this doesn't use Bootstrap since its raw data, that said, there is no communication with the servers when requesting this data, which also means that no, it can't be used to make you rank 100 or something like that.

But for those interested in using it, it can be used for leader boards, getting weapon stats, getting a list of all the clans/guilds, getting info on yourself, or everyone in your clan, so if you make your own site, you can display your clan's stats on it as well.

Repo wise, Repo is short for Repository, we use it to store the game files, and work on that server, this way, when I'm done working on something, I simply push it to the repo server, and everyone else can see what I've worked on, and has the same files as me.
Additionally, if something goes wrong, the repo server can be used to roll back any changes made quickly and easily.

Variiuz

Developer
Programmer
Aug 21, 2017
Bootstrap for management panel, which allows us to quickly check up on the server status whenever we can, as well as remotely shut down the servers, restart them, update them, roll them back etc.

That said, the management panel is for a huge part intertwined into the forum system, which means that banning you in-game, also bans people from the forums, and vice versa, saves a step.

To that extend, your forum username/login is also your in-game login/username and considering the layers of security we use, being perma banned, truly means permanent.

The API itself (documentation will be released later on) mostly consists of public JSON data that can be requested from the servers, this doesn't use Bootstrap since its raw data, that said, there is no communication with the servers when requesting this data, which also means that no, it can't be used to make you rank 100 or something like that.

But for those interested in using it, it can be used for leader boards, getting weapon stats, getting a list of all the clans/guilds, getting info on yourself, or everyone in your clan, so if you make your own site, you can display your clan's stats on it as well.

Repo wise, Repo is short for Repository, we use it to store the game files, and work on that server, this way, when I'm done working on something, I simply push it to the repo server, and everyone else can see what I've worked on, and has the same files as me.
Additionally, if something goes wrong, the repo server can be used to roll back any changes made quickly and easily.
Sounds badass ^-^