A Phone? And maybe cyber cafe's?

Blakeinstein

Killing Addict
Donator
Mar 24, 2018
Maybe add a phone kinda like the gta series? It doesn't really need to be that customizable but it would add a touch of immersion when you could use it send whispers , play music , take screenshot or even use the browser to visit websites either the actual ones or already built ones (like gta) plus the nekrova websites.
As people are momentarily distracted while replying to or even writing whispers , their character could reflect that by momentarily looking at the phone as if he/she was typing.... You could even use the phone to add friends , or check the steam community should the game be up on steam.Cyber cafe's work much less the same way but make it that it is way much easier to do stuff there than on a phone, like make it charge money for mobile data. Since i believe that you are going to implement youtube youtube in theaters anyway this could be an easy implementation with phones and computers.
Also i have a small request, please dont lead the game to feel like entropia universe, that game lacked the fluidity apb had and the animation werent si immersive either. The movement felt soggy at best..

TzickyT

Staff member
Developer
Programmer
Sep 20, 2017
... long story short / a game where u sitting in a cyber cafe player a game to go sit in a cyber cafe? feels like inception o;o

Blakeinstein

Killing Addict
Donator
Mar 24, 2018
Nah it just adds to the immersion, i found this very interesting in gta. The way that i could go there a purchase stuff like guns or cars and all... More immersive than staring at contacts (like apb)

GooFairy

Apr 2, 2018
I am making sketches of how it would maybe look. And posting it on the post i made where i talk about the phone too.
Maybe we can take a look at it and think of how it would work and look.

Last edited:

Blakeinstein

Killing Addict
Donator
Mar 24, 2018
I am making sketches of how it would maybe look on the post i made where i talk about the phone too.
Maybe we can take a look at it and think of how it would work and look.
Sorry man i didnt check if the idea was posted before, i would very well love to see the sketches!

GooFairy

Apr 2, 2018
It wouldn't be weird for you missing it cause the title has nothing to do with it. It's called: "Couple of things that I would or would not like to see".

Blakeinstein

Killing Addict
Donator
Mar 24, 2018
It wouldn't be weird for you missing it cause the title has nothing to do with it. It's called: "Couple of things that I would or would not like to see".
Goes to show that we should keep separate threads for each idea. Kinda saves the trouble for repeated ideas.

Blakeinstein

Killing Addict
Donator
Mar 24, 2018
How do you feel about the phone tho?
I intended cyber cafes as filler and more interactable entities in the game world. Plus it would charge less and you wouldnt be charged data on your phone. Data is expensive, but you gotta do your shopping somehow

Acorn

Field Runner
Donator
Feb 23, 2018
It's a good idea, as long as it's done uniquely to not be just like GTA and it's also not cumbersome, I'm still newish to GTA and that website page you have to navigate just takes you out of the game... hmmmmm, now that I'm thinking i'm kinda curious how many people would want certain menus (such as map, or friends etc) in a smartphone menu thingy :thonking:

Blakeinstein

Killing Addict
Donator
Mar 24, 2018
It's a good idea, as long as it's done uniquely to not be just like GTA and it's also not cumbersome, I'm still newish to GTA and that website page you have to navigate just takes you out of the game... hmmmmm, now that I'm thinking i'm kinda curious how many people would want certain menus (such as map, or friends etc) in a smartphone menu thingy :thonking:
The phone could act as a hud..... While in idle, pressing m would zoom in the phone and switch the screen to a map. The phone takes the whole screen and displays a map... Ofcourse it doesnt occupy the whole screen but most of it.. you can still see its bevels and you can see a bit of the background.
Its just my need of immersion speaking.
I understand about not copying gta and the fact the scrolling in the websites was weird... But when done better it could immerse the player in another level. Its the attention to detail plus actual usage in the equation. Not many games , none that i know of use the phone to display the hud.

Acorn

Field Runner
Donator
Feb 23, 2018
Saint's Row 3 actually did it pretty well, it took you out of the game but every ingame menu was within a smartphone

Blakeinstein

Killing Addict
Donator
Mar 24, 2018
Saint's Row 3 actually did it pretty well, it took you out of the game but every ingame menu was within a smartphone

Ohhhhh i have played saints row 3 , saints row 4 had a full screen tablet afaik.
I am thinking of something similar but not exactly same.
There should be animations for the character to appear as if he is taking q picture if we are trying to take one.
Also i am thinking of non static background unlike sr3. There cannot be a time freeze when you are looking at your phone... Also there should be a single button to automatically place the phone in your pocket (or wrist if you plan to use it as a hud) . Since like when you are looking at stuff you'd be completely open to attacks..

GooFairy

Apr 2, 2018
Ohhhhh i have played saints row 3 , saints row 4 had a full screen tablet afaik.
I am thinking of something similar but not exactly same.
There should be animations for the character to appear as if he is taking q picture if we are trying to take one.
Also i am thinking of non static background unlike sr3. There cannot be a time freeze when you are looking at your phone... Also there should be a single button to automatically place the phone in your pocket (or wrist if you plan to use it as a hud) . Since like when you are looking at stuff you'd be completely open to attacks..
I do think it is okay to be vulnerable at these moments also lots of other games do that.
Post automatically merged:

Anyway I am done with doing crazy amounts of stuff for school so the sketches are continuing.

Blakeinstein

Killing Addict
Donator
Mar 24, 2018
I do think it is okay to be vulnerable at these moments also lots of other games do that.
Post automatically merged:

Anyway I am done with doing crazy amounts of stuff for school so the sketches are continuing.
I await your artworks!

Mitne

King of Poland
Donator
Dec 3, 2017
Ah I see concept.
Phone might serve as some kind of game main menu. Why not?
Although cybercafes... em.