Luna

Phoenix Lead Director
Staff member
Developer
Phoenix Lead Director
Programmer
Level Designer
Aug 14, 2017
So, it’s a new month, but there hasn’t been an April recap… What the f*ck’s up with that…

Well, dear reader, I’ll tell you exactly what’s up with that! Mother fucking University fucked up and is making me fix their shit.
Jokes aside, I’ve been bouncing around from teacher to teacher, person to person to get my stuff back in line.
Which has sucked up most of my own time and motivation.
And since I pay for my university studies myself, I tend to value that more than the project.
Hence, me being unable to do much on the project myself.

Additionally, our interns finished their finals days with the team (Apparently, they only had to do an internship for like, 3 months… Not sure what’s up with that) Which meant another pile of paperwork and stuff to figure out, and that leaves us to today.

So, first off, I hope you enjoyed our April fool’s day joke this year, although it was a build of the game in the social space, quite a lot more work still needs to be done. Originally, I intended to have the multiplayer component to be functioning as well, but as the deadline approached and a lot of things broke, I made the decision personally to disable as much non-functioning things to meet the deadline.

Something you guys probably didn’t know however, is that the April fools build wasn’t just us messing with people.
It was also a test for us to see how well Discord would function as a platform for us to use to distribute game updates and use while the game’s in testing.

To which we have to say, we’re quite satisfied with the way the discord store works, especially with our ability to have specific beta branches be available to specific user groups. That said, as noted in my previous forum post, the achievement system didn’t work the way we expected it to, but that’s the part of the course for game development.

For now, though, I’d like to talk a bit about us as a group, and how we’re moving forward, especially with me attending university, among other things.

As for me, I am not planning on leaving the team any time soon. However, I must admit that I will be interacting less and less the upcoming few weeks until the summer break, and in the future as well.​
I had discussed this fact earlier, but I have made the conscious decision to return to university and finish my degree in programming/applied science.​
Due to this fact however, I’m starting to have less and less time each month to work on personal projects. Be it due to Group projects from Uni, homework assignments, long class hours, or having to do a part-time job during the weekends to keep myself afloat financially (Because I refuse to spend the donations on myself.) This has become a big issue as well, as without proper leadership, not much gets done. As such, I’m opening my position as well.​
I don’t intend to leave, but I’m looking for a right-hand-man. A person who can manage this project together with me, some one I can rely on and help me with the hard parts of running a project like this.
So that’s that.​

But enough of that, lets cover the months:

The interns have completed their internship and have moved on from the team, we wish them the best in their future careers and hope to see something cool from them in the future.

Aside from that nothing much changed on the team side, aside from people just being tired, or having lost interest, focusing on other things for now.

Looking back on darky's work:

This was the social space more than a year ago:

Half a year ago:

Now:

All in all, darky has put in a lot of time and effort in making the social space into what it is now, it's far from finished, but looking back, you can certainly see the progress.

Rider's work:

Oh hey, I haven't used this section in a while, but, I have a good reason this time...
Justin and Alex have been working hard with getting stuff to work properly, specially through multiplayer.

And I'm happy to say that multiplayer works, and is stable! yaaay~

We had some internal tests to make sure everything works properly, and that you could see each other, which, well, works:

That said, we're still working out the kinks, such as the character creation system not allowing you to make a new character,
The level select system not properly connecting you to any of the servers, despite them being online, among other things...

oh and kinks like these:

So yeah, although in the past 2 months, we've got a lot of stuff done in terms of actual gameplay and underlying systems, a lot of other things broke as well....
We'll do our best, but we can't make any promises for now.

A lot of stuff happened in the past 2 months, which meant I had to re-evaluate a lot of things, and think a lot about what I wanted to do personally.
I'm not sure how things will continue to go, but I'm hopeful for what's to come, and I hope that some day this game can be released properly.

As for the near future, me and Rider will be attending Gamescom, together with a few others from the community, so, if you have time, come say hi, and we'll treat you on some beer.

With love,
Luna

Attachments

Blakeinstein

Killing Addict
Donator
Mar 24, 2018
Kudos to the team , for getting so much done! hopefully i might be able to test the game out this year.
jokes aside, Good luck Luna with university, since i am dealing with some bs from uni from myself, i can relate.
Also nice unnecessary attachment in main post kappa.

Edit:- I vote for alex.

Admin Edit: Maybe alex can get a cookie if he comes to gamescom

Last edited by a moderator:

RaidenSB

Fresh Blood
Apr 12, 2019
It's great to hear some news. Keep up the good work and good luck with your studies too. <3

veeta

Field Runner
Donator
Aug 15, 2017
Glad to hear some news, pog.
Keep it up.

Last edited:

B.Va

Donator
Apr 18, 2018
Ahyee keep it up team! Hope i can teet soon, since i missed the april build!