Car armor/chassis mods... and shoot through windows.

SpeedyCat

Donator
Aug 15, 2017
One thing in a special game (most know which i mean) annoy everytime in gameplay....

Somebody gets shot by someone in mission, the victim jump in a car and is safe until it blows up.....

Hope Phoenix have a solution for it....
My toughts on this:

A standard car has no armored windows, you can shoot through it and you can hit the enemy.

Everybody has the option to equip mods for the car if you still have unlocked it or can use the mods regarding your rank, etc.

Then higher the armor plate mod is, then the damage per shot is lowered by x% until you have equipped the highest mod to lower the damage to 100%. The armor must be dagameable by hard damage or someting else, eventually armor breaking bullets, etc.

Sorry for my bad english bdw, pls correct me if i have written something wrong. :p

Liorath

Donator
Aug 15, 2017
We can discuss APB problems and mention it here :p

What you describe could work in my mind, but I could only see it working if you could attach "Armor Plate" mod to for example one door at a time, reinforced glass panes, armored tires, reinforced hood etc. So you would have to upgrade each individual part which would require a large and somewhat complex modular car system. If you were just able to put 1 mod on the entire car to reduce damage by 100% then I dont think it would work and even then once everyone has these mods it would be hell to fight the cars and it would make everyone NEED to have armor piercing weapons which creates an unhealthy meta(similar to how everyone uses NTEC because it's without a doubt the best gun in APB).

I think this type of game is more meant to be an arcade shooter, the same reason we have global body damage(no headshots) is because of simplicity and not adding overly complicated features like armor or being able to shoot through the car. I would personally love if we would be able to penetrate cars but I genuinly can't think of anything that would work(in my mind).

SpeedyCat

Donator
Aug 15, 2017
Then higher the armor plate mod is, then the damage per shot is lowered by x% until you have equipped the highest mod to lower the damage to 100% [for the passengers]. The armor must be dagameable by hard damage hits to lower the shield power for the armor or must bee shootable through with armor breaking bullets, etc. that you can hit the passenger in the car
Corrected it a bit but think there is out there a easy solution.....

I have it in my mind but dont know exactly how to explain it in 100% correct english.... thats the problem.
I try to draw it down tomorrow, think that will help. ^^:)

Kewlin

Field Runner
Aug 24, 2017
One of the main problems with this idea is that this is a very important idea/modification that would require a visual representation or else it would have very negative impact on gameplay, however having a significant visual representation would hurt the customization of the game, making the game, IMO, overall worse.

I think you have to choose one or the other, you can't have both shooting through windows and not shooting through windows. I personally probably prefer not being able to shoot through windows, but I know a lot of people probably disagree.

Brendan

Staff member
Community Manager
Developer
Donator
Aug 18, 2017
I'll bring up your ideas and your concerns up with the team and see where we stand on the ability to shoot through vehicle windows or not.

Brendan

Staff member
Community Manager
Developer
Donator
Aug 18, 2017
Hi @SpeedyCat @Kewlin @Liorath
Luna is planning on making the windows of vehicles to where you cannot shoot through them, because he thinks it'd create an unbalanced situation where the chase would be ended quickly simply because the driver is killed easily.

He also mentioned having the ability to shoot someone's tires to slow them down with the addition of a car mod to make your car's tires bulletproof.
We're not entirely sure yet and we still need to play around with these ideas to see what will be fun to play with.

Last edited by a moderator:

GooFairy

Apr 2, 2018
I feel like you take away the possibility for certain skins if you add shooting through windows. Cause if you want to make an armored window skin for a car (which there are slot of in apb) you can't shoot through it anymore or see the person on the other side so you wouldn't know where to aim. But of course it isn't the biggest thing if we can't have certain skins for your car.
armoredperfkitcrim.jpg

Last edited:

TzickyT

Staff member
Developer
Programmer
Sep 20, 2017
I feel like you take away the possibility for certain skins if you add shooting through windows. Cause if you want to make a armored window skin for a car (which there are slot of in apb) you can't shoot through it anymore or attempt not see the person on the other side so you wouldn't know where to aim. But of course it isn't the biggest thing if we can't have certain skins for your car.
View attachment 9
i think that wil be added to concideration when we get to add vehicles in the game

Blakeinstein

Killing Addict
Donator
Mar 24, 2018
How about weak points in a vehicle? Popping tires could effect handling and hitting the gas tank might do major damage. Please add nail carpets to the game, it might make it a fun experience or an incredibly annoying one :p