Creating your own music

GooFairy

Apr 2, 2018
I would like to have a system in the game where you can make your own music. The way apb did it was good, but not really that elaborate. So I would like it to be a bit more if possible. Or just something way different. Maybe add support for certain file formats for like ableton or garage band and other stuff

Blakeinstein

Killing Addict
Donator
Mar 24, 2018
It'd be way simpler to just program a midi editor much like how apb did. Expanding on that would be pointless as not many would sit inside the game tinkering with it. But i would take nothing less from it since it allowed one alot of freedom with really less efforts. I suggest trying out this https://onlinesequencer.net .
Also it'd be really great to import midis but then again it would render selling self made music through any ingame marketplace pointless.

Bran Flakes

Field Runner
Staff member
Developer
Music/Sound Designer
Aug 19, 2017
It'd be way simpler to just program a midi editor much like how apb did. Expanding on that would be pointless as not many would sit inside the game tinkering with it. But i would take nothing less from it since it allowed one alot of freedom with really less efforts. I suggest trying out this https://onlinesequencer.net .
Also it'd be really great to import midis but then again it would render selling self made music through any ingame marketplace pointless.
I would hope that we at least would improve the UI for the music studio if we decide to do it. The thing I always hated about APB's music studio was that it was just this tiny little window when all the other editors were fullscreen.

Blakeinstein

Killing Addict
Donator
Mar 24, 2018
I would hope that we at least would improve the UI for the music studio if we decide to do it. The thing I always hated about APB's music studio was that it was just this tiny little window when all the other editors were fullscreen.
Tiny and highly cluttered. Though i dont want the thing changed you lot could work out a ui or just copy that online sequencer :p

TzickyT

Staff member
Developer
Programmer
Sep 20, 2017
tbh i never liked the apb music editor ( to complicated for my standards ... )