Custom missions for other players

Musul_Man

Fresh Blood
Sep 17, 2017
I had this idea, inspired from Fortnite a little bit.
The idea is that once a day, once a week or whenever it is balanced to do, just to get some more money, you can create a custom mission for other players to take. And if successfully completed you get some extra cash for your character or something else.

Explaining this more in-depth:
There could be an npc, most probably becomes available after all the progress has already been completed in the game, who you can talk to and create or take custom missions.

When taking a custom mission it behaves like any other mission but gives something extra. And if completed succesfully the guy that created it gets something, perhaps a little money.

When creating custom missions, you would select the type of mission, the name and a little description. The type of mission indicates what objectives would be present (hack, steal, defend, etc), perhaps a combination of objectives could be customized as well.

Variiuz

Developer
Programmer
Aug 21, 2017
Could be nice but i think this could be abused by some Players..

Musul_Man

Fresh Blood
Sep 17, 2017
Perhaps there could be a limit to how many of these missions you can make and complete per day. If you limit that, then there is no way people can exploit teaming up to complete missions you just created, even if you do it that way you would only be able to do one of these missions per day (and create one mission per day too) so you cant really spam it with your friends.

Variiuz

Developer
Programmer
Aug 21, 2017
Perhaps there could be a limit to how many of these missions you can make and complete per day. If you limit that, then there is no way people can exploit teaming up to complete missions you just created, even if you do it that way you would only be able to do one of these missions per day (and create one mission per day too) so you cant really spam it with your friends.
Seems Legit

Luna

Phoenix Lead Director
Staff member
Developer
Phoenix Lead Director
Programmer
Level Designer
Aug 14, 2017
Exploiters will always exploit... However, I don't see why they should ruin the fun for other people....

However, at this stage in development, I can't tell much about how an implementation like this will play out in the long run, so I will have to soft-deny it for now.

Meaning it might be possible in the modding tools, but not in the main game, with the possibility to send said missions to us for review...

MoeEveryWeek

Fresh Blood
Sep 21, 2017
From some of the MMOs I've played, these custom missions are usually in the form of hit lists such as for example:
If Player 1 kills Player 2 and steals a certain item of value, Player 2 can pin a notice with a reward to hunt down Player 1, whether they are in a quest or not. The usual reward would be certain items or cash. Putting it into APB's sense, it would be hunting down a client's specific target while they aren't in a mission. It's kind of similar to the Notoriety and Prestige, but only to the client's target. Though I could see this being abused aswell because players may try target lower levels, so maybe try adding a level cap, then there's rerolls...yada yada yada
(Ill just keep thinking of ways to counter each of my ideas.)

Brendan

Staff member
Community Manager
Developer
Donator
Aug 18, 2017
@MoeEveryWeek (Just my personal thoughts) I kinda like the idea of having a hit list type system but it would be best to put some restrictions on it, how many times a day, on who, and not make it a high monetary amount, something cool would be to have a dark web of some type where people can put up targets and fellow players can accept and try to go out and kill those people while they're not in a mission.