HWID ban for cheaters?

SpeedyCat

Donator
Aug 15, 2017
Is this option implemented into the game, that cheaters get HWID ban after somehow the 2nd Ban or the first?

Luna

Phoenix Lead Director
Staff member
Developer
Phoenix Lead Director
Programmer
Level Designer
Aug 14, 2017
Honest answer:
We'll probably ban on an per-account basis, and not an hwid basis.

I've been thinking hard about how to keep cheaters out, and the best way is a good cheat detector, that said, humans are flawed, and not all cheaters stay cheaters.

Add to that the fact that there are things around the world called pc bangs, where people share computers, to play games, or how about you and your little brother sharing a family computer... Safe to say, you'd kick the little bastard out on the street for cheating, but you won't be able to play anymore.

Plus, cheaters will always find a way to get around a ban, so its hard to ban entire computers...

That all said, we will ensure that our players are safe and enjoy the game, and as such, cheaters will not be banned outright, the matchmaking system and seamless server system will simply move them into their own little pools and servers, where cheaters will only encounter other cheaters for all of eternity.

Liorath

Donator
Aug 15, 2017
BattlEye :p

But nah on a serious note theres plenty of other good options that wont put a giant dent in the budget, and I'm sure that would only really come up as an option if Phoenix turns out as successful as we all want it to become! :)

To elaborate on the HWID idea abit since I was the one to bring it up in another thread, I dont really feel that it's truly necessary, in the same way as @Luna describes, but also simply because it isn't a planned F2P game where creating an account and continuesly coming back isn't as easy as simply clicking 1 button. In any game where you plan an infinitely repeatable account creation process I do feel it is a necessity, but as far as we know now it likely wont be a problem in Phoenix.

Last edited:

Blakeinstein

Killing Addict
Donator
Mar 24, 2018
Yup , if you are using the steam platform , and have accounts accounts registered with one's steam account . You could just ban that particular account from accessing the game servers .you'd need to find a workaround for dll injection so that one might need to put in an extra effort to hack

B.Va

Donator
Apr 18, 2018
Just get something inside the game, that detects any program that runs(gets injected) although that might be illegal

Blakeinstein

Killing Addict
Donator
Mar 24, 2018
Just get something inside the game, that detects any program that runs(gets injected) although that might be illegal
I dont think you can detect dll injection if you dont know the dll's code....
However i maybe wrong.

B.Va

Donator
Apr 18, 2018
You can also just use EAC (Easy Anti Cheat) for the game, which doesnt allow you to connect before you got it installed, and provides pretty decent to good anti cheat.

Blakeinstein

Killing Addict
Donator
Mar 24, 2018
You can also just use EAC (Easy Anti Cheat) for the game, which doesnt allow you to connect before you got it installed, and provides pretty decent to good anti cheat.
Another punkbuster? XD that shit cause me more trouble than help. A single fuck up in pb could virtually stop you launching the game.... Had to eventually re install when even support werent able to help me. And quite a bit after that fairfight simply took over.