Staff member
Developer
Phoenix Lead Director
Programmer
Level Designer
Aug 14, 2017
It’s a long time overdue,
But happy 2019 everyone.

I’m writing this recap to fill the space between now, and whenever I get around to finish the year recap…

So, without further delays, lets look back at January, and look into the upcoming year.

Behind the Scenes:

So, this is a new section isn’t it?... Well, that is because this won’t fit anywhere else, so new section it is!

Behind the scenes. As of this year, there are a few changes that I, Luna, have been working my ass off on getting done, primarily filling out a metric ton of paperwork to get done. But now as the dust has settled, I’m proud to announce that Nekrova, is now registered at the trade office as a non-profit organization.

What does that mean for us?
Well, it means we’ll have to pay less tax on things and can get access to some of the toys the big boys get to use.

Why a non-profit?
Being a non-profit makes it easy to write off tax, and, in the case, we ever decide to stop working on this project, or the thing flops hard, we can release all assets to the public without much if any issues.

What if the game is a success?
In that case we can transfer the non-profit organization into a normal company, and we can start employing people.

Internships?
Well, that’s a word, and not a question, but yes, if you’re studying a related field, be it programming, 3d art, 2d art, etc. It is possible to have your Internship at Nekrova, in fact, we already have a few interns!

As mentioned above, we have some interns joining our team. Strengthening our 3D team with mostly 3d artists and texture artists, unlike some of us, they will be able to dedicate a lot more time to the project than we can. And we’re expecting to see wonderful things from them.

These new interns being:
Kmoore, NinjaTreecko, Queen, Sky10796 and Westcoco.

Additionally, we have a new UX artist, named Natt,
You can see some of his work in the Art Update section~

And a new substance artist named Rider.

Other behind the scenes bullshit:

Right, I’m not sugar-coating this one, as its partially MY fault for not securing this enough, but part of the reason these recaps have been delayed by this long is because I had to deal with this mess:

Yup, that’s our internal planning board, the one we use to write down ideas and all that, or rather, it was…. After contacting Trello Customer support, we were kindly informed that they wouldn’t be able to do anything and suggested us to be “more secure with the invite token”

Well, gee whizz, thank you kind sir, but that doesn’t solve the f-cking issue….

Long story short, this set us back for a little while, and I had to divert my attention from making an awesome video, to cleaning up someone else’s mess….

Since the interns are still getting settled in, we’ll start off with
Natt’s work:

Rider’s work:

Leroy’s work:

Annily’s work:

And finally,
darky’s work:

Whew, this was a lot to unpack, and a lot of work/stress in the past few months.

I haven’t mentioned this, but I was on vacation in December, and didn’t have internet.
On top of that, unreal engine 4 decided to delete half of the stuff I was working on for the new year recap, and I had 2 exam weeks back-to-back after the vacation.
It’s safe to say that I’ve been perpetually exhausted for the past 4 weeks, but hey, someone has to bring the news…

That all said, I’m happy to be working together with an amazing team, who will continue to work despite me being depressive as hell and sorting out my own life.
I apologies for the fact this took a lot longer than it should’ve, but I do hope you all understand the reasons why it has taken so long.

Next recap should be faster,
Luna out.

Attachments

Pufty

Field Runner
Apr 12, 2018
I love the art direction and style that is produced. It's inspiring

Blakeinstein

Killing Addict
Donator
Mar 24, 2018
Would suggest updating the font set on the UX part. The rest looks and feels nice .
The post reminded me how much I wanted to see an update, how you guys get back on track soon!

ps:- punctuation marks :////////
without much, if any, issues.
there is a typo in the draft of the main page of the website, Be "a" part of the game.
also a suggestion would be , quantized grenade icons instead of a number indicating the amount left, just like in apb. Its faster to process.

Last edited:

GooFairy

Apr 2, 2018
Would suggest updating the font set on the UX part. The rest looks and feels nice .
The post reminded me how much I wanted to see an update, how you guys get back on track soon!

ps:- punctuation marks :////////

there is a typo in the draft of the main page of the website, Be "a" part of the game.
also a suggestion would be , quantized grenade icons instead of a number indicating the amount left, just like in apb. Its faster to process.
It depends on what they mean, it doesn't have to be a typo.