killcam to enable/disable

Need Killcam in zoom style to keep fast gameplay?

• YES, we only need zoom to the player who kills...

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • No, we don't need a killcam!

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

SpeedyCat

Donator
Aug 15, 2017
Think it would be a nice feature but it must be choosable in the options or with a skip button/key that the killed can decide if he want to see it.

Liorath

Donator
Aug 15, 2017
I personally think that would never work, zooming in on the player who killed you is the best compromise for this stuff just like it is in APB. Just feels like a wasted opportunity as the game is not fast paced enough, even Battlefield and similar titles dont do it for the same reason - it also has the consequence of leaving a bad impression on people for simply having it(my opinion).

SpeedyCat

Donator
Aug 15, 2017
The zooming in is a good option, think better than a full kill cam... god thing.

Liorath

Donator
Aug 15, 2017
This would be a good thing against cheaters though.
Unnecessary however, atleast in my opinion, as all it requires is a semi-decent anticheating system which APB never had. This game is also pay2play with a price tag that will somewhat keep hackers from coming back. Ontop of that APB only handed out HWID bans out after a minimum of 200 bans if I recall correctly which is absolutely absurd, should've happened on the first or second ban.

Kewlin

Field Runner
Aug 24, 2017
Killcams, zooming into killers, highlighting killing players, observer modes, etc., are very important non-cosmetic features that have a lot of consequence on gameplay, and I personally think the game would be much worse if you were given all of the information any of these features give you when you die.

Brendan

Staff member
Community Manager
Developer
Donator
Aug 18, 2017
Personally (these thoughts do not reflect the team's stance of the idea), I'm not very fond of kill cams for it gives away the position of the enemy if they were able to kill you from a discreet location. It wouldn't be appropriate to then show you where they were because you died by them, and you'll know who killed you from something similar to a message on the screen saying killed by or the names and the icons of the weapons used as such in APB, CS:GO, etc. I'll get the team to look at this and get a response as soon as I can. Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

Last edited: