Messing around in unreal editor and other 3D game stuff

koalathe_bear

Field Runner
Nov 17, 2017
So I downloaded FMOD studio and it's actually pretty good

I wanted to see if I could make some vehicle sounds, and what do you know, there's a nice tutorial for that. So I pull some engine audio from APB: Reloaded, including tire sounds, and I configure some stuff with FMOD, created a soundbank, and boom it works in unreal.

Just slapped an audiocomponent onto one of the default vehicles and configured a basic blueprint that gives parameters for RPM, load, and tire sound(only the rolling sound, didn't do skidding sounds), now I have a car that sounds like the Patriot Jericho.

Also something interesting is that I noticed when pitching the engine sounds it seems like they use one type of sound for the Jericho, T25, and Cisco, just pitched differently. There seems to be additional sound effects besides the exhaust sound, but I couldn't find them so my recreation is incomplete. And one more thing is that I noticed the horn sounds don't have an ending, they just stop instantly. It seems like APB relies on audio reverb to make the horns sound convincing, the on you'll hear in the video is definitely not up to par, but is ok for a test.

Check it out right here:

and I might try to recreate the Pioneer's sound later which will be difficult because the few audio files I found for it so far don't loop properly, or at least when they do there's a clipping sound each loop.

TzickyT

Staff member
Developer
Programmer
Sep 20, 2017
so max speed is 170 o;o and 4 gears o;o thats intresting ...