Phoenix Lead Director
Staff member
Developer
Phoenix Lead Director
Programmer
Level Designer
Aug 14, 2017
Good morning,
dawn, noon, afternoon, dusk, night or midnight Ladies, Gentlemen, Apache helicopters, and others,
You know, here at Nekrova, we can guarantee at least one thing:

We're consistently inconsistent.

Apologies for the late post, we were ironing out some last-minute things for a video we wanted to include with this month's recap.

to start this month off, here's a said video:

Its a showcase of the things that are currently working properly and how far we've gotten. Which, although doesn't look like much is an important milestone for us.
Do note that all textures being used, as well as ui elements are subject to change and do not reflect the final game.

You know the drill, here are some nice images of what everyone's been working on:
Leroy:

Ameer:
https://soundcloud.com/user-899801374%2Fpiano

Darky:

1539443561421.png

As you might've seen, the video above looks really slick, it might seem like everything went without any issue, and it did...
What we DIDN'T show you however were the 3 weeks of me (Luna) and Jer fixing the edge cases and bugs that came with it...

When we started putting all the separate systems together we ran into a whole host of issues like this one:

And this one:

Which, in the end we've managed to iron out...
Keen eyed viewers might've noticed that in the video, the ID portion was filled with a 7 digit number, discord members might've also noticed that I shared code to a random 4 digit number generator, this wasn't a coincidence.

In phoenix, two people can have the same name!

You know that annoying issue, where you've spend 8 hours thinking of a cool name, only to find out its been taken already...
Well no more!

Additionally, we know that not everyone uses the Latin alphabet, some may speak Korean, some speak Japanese, and some on our team speak Russian! So, we've added support for your crazy writing systems!

(oh and support for spaces in your name, as well as apostrophes....)
What is NOT supported:
Emoji's, double quotes ("), Smileys (the Microsoft kind), Man in Business Suit Levitating and sound.... not sure how you'll manage to do the last part, but I guarantee you some one will try...

And last but not least, I'll leave you guys with this:

1539442145819.png

I've started to work on the new launcher, rather than go for a boxy square one, I'm thinking "out of the box"
(note that the blue border is for testing since I haven't added a close button yet)

And that's all for this time, I'll see you glorious bastards at the next recap!
Luna, out.

Last edited:

Blakeinstein

Killing Addict
Donator
Mar 24, 2018
Ah the launcher seems really nice now... The character screen looks kinda.... Simple........ Very simple.....
Though i'd suggest removing the spaces part from names unless you handle databases with unique character ids...

Luna

Phoenix Lead Director
Staff member
Developer
Phoenix Lead Director
Programmer
Level Designer
Aug 14, 2017
Ah the launcher seems really nice now... The character screen looks kinda.... Simple........ Very simple.....
Though i'd suggest removing the spaces part from names unless you handle databases with unique character ids...
I mean, we're allowing 2 accounts to have the same name... and there's an ID section in the UI...
Like discord we generate a unique id for each character, and tie that character back to an account id, because of the extra languages, we're also adding ways to add friends without writing their name.

horizon03

Field Runner
Oct 20, 2017
Probably a odd time to be asking, but what's a rough prediction on when we can start seeing character models? The map design is looking fantastic BTW.

Blakeinstein

Killing Addict
Donator
Mar 24, 2018
I mean, we're allowing 2 accounts to have the same name... and there's an ID section in the UI...
Like discord we generate a unique id for each character, and tie that character back to an account id, because of the extra languages, we're also adding ways to add friends without writing their name.
Ah, i kind of thought it would be account/username ... thats why I raised the point. Anyways good luck,Its been great so far!

GooFairy

Apr 2, 2018
Everything in the video seems to be running smooth now im just more excited to some day play this game

Darky™

Field Runner
Developer
3D Artist
Level Designer
Dec 8, 2017
Probably a odd time to be asking, but what's a rough prediction on when we can start seeing character models? The map design is looking fantastic BTW.
it will come down the road but out first priority is gameplay foundation and work towards tier 1