Siren sounds and light patterns...

SpeedyCat

Donator
Aug 15, 2017
Would be cool if the siren sounds and the light patterns are cusomizeable for police cars.

Or if you can buy later some desired ecpansiob sound/light packs....

Looks cool if a whole clan use a soecial self created pattern, so thst you can identify them with it.

Variiuz

Developer
Programmer
Aug 21, 2017
Would be nice, if the Servers can handle many Patterns on one District/World

Liorath

Donator
Aug 15, 2017
I have a feeling that this will only lead to tinnitus or other deaf wishing alternatives. Which would be punishable hopefully, but nevertheless we'll still see the occasional dude using it every now and then.

SpeedyCat

Donator
Aug 15, 2017
Then better make some as purchaseable dlc or to unlock purchase ingame from contacts, etc

Variiuz

Developer
Programmer
Aug 21, 2017
Then better make some as purchaseable dlc or to unlock purchase ingame from contacts, etc
Or you only can use these Custom patterns if the Clan has more than idk 20-30 member. If you have so many member you can buy a license in a shop.. that would help a bit against trolls

Variiuz

Developer
Programmer
Aug 21, 2017
Or you only can use these Custom patterns if the Clan has more than idk 20-30 member. If you have so many member you can buy a license in a shop.. that would help a bit against trolls
And also only the Leader can make these Patterns and the members can choose between them

Kewlin

Field Runner
Aug 24, 2017
Ew, clans.

NTY, solo is the only way to play.

Variiuz

Developer
Programmer
Aug 21, 2017
Ew, clans.

NTY, solo is the only way to play.
If you think so, but many players want to play with their friends in their own clans with their own sirens.. If you have your own solution you can post it under me ;D

SpeedyCat

Donator
Aug 15, 2017
Exactly my point, but it's not everybody as they wish if they need a clan to access certain non-clan based features.
Think Guenther mean only the clan specific patter created by the clan leader.
Idk for sure...

Kewlin

Field Runner
Aug 24, 2017
Think Guenther mean only the clan specific patter created by the clan leader.
Idk for sure...
Think again, 'cause they pretty specifically said only clans can have custom patterns:

Guenther was specifically saying they should be restricted to clans as a way to fight trolls and annoying sirens as is evident by the fact that their response was to you're solution to Liorath saying custom sirens would be annoying, but I really don't think this is an issue: note the fact that anyone in APB can make songs that are annoying as all hell and spam them from their car, but almost nobody does that.

Variiuz

Developer
Programmer
Aug 21, 2017
Think again, 'cause they pretty specifically said only clans can have custom patterns:

Guenther was specifically saying they should be restricted to clans as a way to fight trolls and annoying sirens as is evident by the fact that their response was to you're solution to Liorath saying custom sirens would be annoying, but I really don't think this is an issue: note the fact that anyone in APB can make songs that are annoying as all hell and spam them from their car, but almost nobody does that.
So i have a new idea..What if there is a Cop Role like in APB? If a Cop has a specified rank in this role they can use the siren patterns? And if they rank goes higher they can make more..
For clans we can use a system that add all cop roles of all players in the clan and if this rank is over a specified cop rank the clan can create them?

Or we simply just have moderators that controlling the patterns.. but this would be more stuff to look after for mods.

I think the 2 Solutions above are better than the 3rd.

Brendan

Staff member
Community Manager
Developer
Donator
Aug 18, 2017
Wow siren patterns do sound cool but I would fear the same ear piercing sounds that a player could create with that much CREATIVE POWER, but I'll get some more feedback on this from the team and update this thread soon. Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Blakeinstein

Killing Addict
Donator
Mar 24, 2018
Please consider epilepsy and seizures before giving players the ability to make their own siren patterns.

Thanks for reading.