Steam or no Steam...?! Thats the question.

Connected eith Steam or not?

• No Steam please....

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • I cant live without Steam

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

Luna

Phoenix Lead Director
Staff member
Developer
Phoenix Lead Director
Programmer
Level Designer
Aug 14, 2017
Steam costs money, we'd love to be on it, but we want to be further in development before pushing it onto the platform

-Ve-

Field Runner
Donator
Aug 15, 2017
Personally would favor Steam but as Luna already said, devs have to pay a fee.
So a Standalone Version makes lots of sense, especially if you guys are going to implement a Shop (any way you look at it, you will need income to cover any expenses) All the Money will go directly to you and no Shares to Valve.
You said earlier youre against P2W but the Shop could be for pure cosmetics (Clothing, Skins and what not).

SpeedyCat

Donator
Aug 15, 2017
Personally would favor Steam but as Luna already said, devs have to pay a fee.
So a Standalone Version makes lots of sense, especially if you guys are going to implement a Shop (any way you look at it, you will need income to cover any expenses) All the Money will go directly to you and no Shares to Valve.
You said earlier youre against P2W but the Shop could be for pure cosmetics (Clothing, Skins and what not).
Yes, that's exactly wha i meant.... think too that it's the best if the game has his own ingame implemented item/trade shop only for cosmetics made from nekrova. And thats no p2w because nobody get some unfair advantage through this....

Blakeinstein

Killing Addict
Donator
Mar 24, 2018
Though i would still ask a steam version , because steam makes some of us able to purchase games we otherwise couldnt because we cant perform internstinter transactions. Since steam offers us domestic methods of payment and i believe more countries too its pretty handy. Also you could have the market for skins and cosmetics off of steam, and have it drop ingame and add to steam inventory. There they could be sellable and tradeable. You'd get percentages of every sale made b/2 2 players on the market. At the end of the day its upto you guys , whether to push it to steam or not.

Moreover i believe steam api can do wonders for playing with friends and community interactions. I am not sure how it works though.

B.Va

Donator
Apr 18, 2018
Another + is that releasing it on steam when the time is right and the money/fee is there to be paid for it, you can get ALOT more trafic that way. If advertised properly ofcourse.

Blakeinstein

Killing Addict
Donator
Mar 24, 2018
Another + is that releasing it on steam when the time is right and the money/fee is there to be paid for it, you can get ALOT more trafic that way. If advertised properly ofcourse.
That would make trade work like how it did on apb , they would have to release it first hand on steam if they want to keep this as the only trade method. Or else trading would not be possible. One could just login in game via steam account , and their steam account would be blocked by the game servers should they choose to cheat.