Travel between Districts

-Ve-

Field Runner
Donator
Aug 15, 2017
Another one of those suggestion Threads =P

This idea came to me while ago, you surely remember that the Financial District had a Subway Station and the Waterfront lots of Peers. So the idea behind this is that you could use the Subway or Boat to travel to the Social District, if it turns out to be to much effort (loading into the districts) The Entrance of either Subway or Peer could be interactable.

To avoid people from leaving combat or missions the interaction could be locked for a set time or until the mission is over.

Thanks for reading! just wanted to get this off of my heart =)

Have a good one folks!

- Ve

Tarzore

Project Phoenix
Staff member
Developer
Aug 15, 2017
Hello @-Ve-

Thanks for your suggestion, we'll be looking into it and will respond to you if we see any interest and possbility within it.

Luna

Phoenix Lead Director
Staff member
Developer
Phoenix Lead Director
Programmer
Level Designer
Aug 14, 2017
One of our plans is a thing called "Hidden transfer zones"

We're planning on putting load zones in between transit systems, so end users won't have to sit in front of a loading screen while traveling from place to place, think of tera's Pegasus system but with subway carts.

-Ve-

Field Runner
Donator
Aug 15, 2017

We're planning on putting load zones in between transit systems, so end users won't have to sit in front of a loading screen while traveling from place to place, think of tera's Pegasus system but with subway carts.
Out of words here Luna. This is literally what i was imagining if you´d travel, lets say, from Financial to Social District. Hands down, this is going to be an amazing ride!

SpeedyCat

Donator
Aug 15, 2017

Wpah, that sounds nice....

Eventuaööy you then can drive through a tunnel woth your car to other districts too, that the tunnel animation acts as boot screen to enter other maps?

Bran Flakes

Field Runner
Staff member
Developer
Music/Sound Designer
Aug 19, 2017
Wow, reminds me of the fast travel methods in Tony Hawks American Wasteland. You could get onto a bus, subway, or into a truck to transfer to different levels when in Story Mode, and you were able to move around on the bus or subway car while the new map was loading. I always thought that was a really cool feature.

Kewlin

Field Runner
Aug 24, 2017

Will we have the option of using a menu instead so we don't need to go to, say, a subway?

SpeedyCat

Donator
Aug 15, 2017
Will we have the option of using a menu instead so we don't need to go to, say, a subway?
Like in APB where you can pledge to a contacr by pressing J and then choose... instead of drivint to the contact....

Variiuz

Developer
Programmer
Aug 21, 2017
On trello i saw a picture

Looks like there is a Parking Garage :eek: It would be so cool if you can park youre car there and go to the shops :D What if you can travel with a car trough tunnels to social and Park there :p?

Luna

Phoenix Lead Director
Staff member
Developer
Phoenix Lead Director
Programmer
Level Designer
Aug 14, 2017
Sorry to burst you guy's bubble, but driving to the social district is a no-go, the train thing is though.

We want to minimize the amount of loading screens, and allowing a car to drive from zone to zone isn't possible on a technical level atm.

As for having a menu option to go to the different zones, there will be.