Weapon Customization(visually)

Liorath

Donator
Aug 15, 2017
As far as I've seen Phoenix already has a bunch of really nice weapon meshes/textures so this suggestion would be more of an end-of-the-line suggestion if and when the weapons might feel like they need to be expanded upon.

The best way to describe an ideal weapon customization is to simply look at below picture from Escape From Tarkov:

This is how customization of weapon look like in EFT which has upwards of 10-20 different options per box in the picture, so this is almost like the holy bible of weapon customization. Something like this would be incredibly hard to balance in a game like Phoenix(or implement for that matter), which is why the above is not exactly what I'm suggesting, it is simply to serve the purpose of visualizing the possibilities of a modular modding system.
With that being said my actual suggestion in theory would function almost exactly the same as modding a weapon in APB, except it would have cosmetic changes to your gun aswell as changing it's statistical properties and purpose/playstyle - to add abit of a unique twist guns or give the players a way to feel like they are if only slightly more in control of the visuals of the game which is a great accomodation for the regular in-depth character customization.

As most of us might know things like muzzle directly ties to red mods, sights with orange, purple with sling/stock and magazine with blue from APB - but to me it never really felt right that it just changed the entire gun without actually changing anything visually.

In theory it would be great if you could also choose to entirely exclude a part of the gun, like the stock - which would increase you mobility twice over(Mobility Sling-ish) and faster time to aim-down-sights however as a downside it would bring horrifically increased recoil and less controllability BUT the main point of this suggestion is to simply visualize the different capabilities of the weapons.

Always felt like APB was definitely missing something in that regard, so just my .02$ ;)