Will there be settings for older hardware (not even older just not new)???

GooFairy

Apr 2, 2018
I would just really like to play this game so yeah its kinda obvious why i would ask this :)

PullOutDad

Fresh Blood
Donator
Sep 5, 2017
UE4 has higher optimization so you most likely won't even have to turn down the settings much to play the game.

Luna

Phoenix Lead Director
Staff member
Developer
Phoenix Lead Director
Programmer
Level Designer
Aug 14, 2017
My question is that does UE4 utilize all available threads?
Depends on the process, implementation etc etc.
Long story short: It can, but you as a developer need to add that support yourself.

Mitne

King of Poland
Donator
Dec 3, 2017
Yeah multiple thread support is what lacking in APB for me as of current and it cause horrible issues.
Using 1/2 of your processor don't help at all.
It wouldn't hurt to have such support for new and powerful hardware but it would help a lot older and less powerful hardware on it's own.

Blakeinstein

Killing Addict
Donator
Mar 24, 2018
Yeah multiple thread support is what lacking in APB for me as of current and it cause horrible issues.
Using 1/2 of your processor don't help at all.
It wouldn't hurt to have such support for new and powerful hardware but it would help a lot older and less powerful hardware on it's own.
It would also help guys with server based processors a bit xD. What I see is ,intelligent programming may be required to distributed workloads among all available cores efficiently

Luna

Phoenix Lead Director
Staff member
Developer
Phoenix Lead Director
Programmer
Level Designer
Aug 14, 2017
So, for those that are interested:
We'll try to optimize things as much as we can, but we'll do that retroactively.

As for client/server side,
A bunch of things will be calculated on server side to prevent cheating, but we can't do EVERYTHING server side, stuff like physics will be calculated client side.